An idiosyncratic blog dedicated to the precursors, the practioners, and the descendants of power pop.
All suggestions for postings and sidebar links welcome, contact any of us.
Monday, September 21, 2026
Slacker Monday
High temperatures gonna be in the low 70s/high 60s for the forseeable future here in Forest Hills (aka the Paris of the Northeast) so it seems appropriate to revisit a classic.
I can't hear that without going "wow." In fact, if truth be told, there are days when I think that's the Kinks' all-time greatest song.
Another fave of this transitional time; The Autumn Stone - Small Faces And for the uninitiated- "My Autumn Done Come" by Lee Hazelwood This is NOT an authorized video for Lee's song but.... judge for yourself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSd2BR3Ntrs Happy Monday.
That is one great song and one strange video.
ReplyDeleteWhat are they wearing?
Was Lola in the audience?
What country was the video shot? It doesn't look like one of the British pop shows of the time.
Was this the moment when Ray started acting gay on stage?
And yes there are days when it may well be the all-time greatest Kinks song!
Captain Al
I think it’s Top of the Pops but don’t quote me.
DeleteTOTP ✔️ 1967
DeleteYes, yes, yes, yes!
ReplyDeleteAlthough yesterday would have been a good day to post 'End of the Season.'
Another fave of this transitional time;
ReplyDeleteThe Autumn Stone - Small Faces
And for the uninitiated- "My Autumn Done Come" by Lee Hazelwood
This is NOT an authorized video for Lee's song but.... judge for yourself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSd2BR3Ntrs
Happy Monday.
I love the automatic captions provided. The song title is determined to be both “ultimac” and “awesome neck”.
ReplyDelete- Paul in DK
It's Andy Partridge's favorite Kinks song!
ReplyDeleteI actually owned the 45 of this when it was new. Bought it at Sam Goody at Paramus Mall. 🤫
ReplyDeleteWow - this is a song that I've always enjoyed but never understood one damn word (I think) Ray gave his best fey Brit Music Hall performance for TOTP
ReplyDelete