That's from a just released new album called Good Morning Rock and Roll; they've have been around since the early 'aughts, however, and I should add that apart from the amusing nom de musique, I really really also like them for their attitude.
From their press kit:
Much like Lennon & McCartney wrote catchy hooks out of practical necessity—lacking a tape recorder, they had to hum melodies until their next meeting—Mr. Nilsson crafts buoyant pop tunes out of sheer survival instinct.
"The songs simply have to be good," explains frontman and principal songwriter Terje Bringsvor Nilsen. "Otherwise, at least one of us loses interest, and our rehearsals devolve into alcohol-infused knitting clubs."
In any case, you can hear more of their music and find out more about them generally over HERE.
"...our rehearsals devolve into alcohol-infused knitting clubs".
ReplyDeleteThat quote set the expectation bar pretty high, and they met it comfortably. Thanks, Steve.
Lack of response today is fueled, solely in my opinion, by disappointment that we have not gotten your review of the Ringo concert yet.
ReplyDeleteJai Guru Dave
Actiually, the stuff I said on Friday pretty much summed up my feelings. Lotsa fun, much better than I expected. 😎
DeleteInadequate. Let me speak to the manager.
ReplyDeleteJai Guru Dave