Thursday, September 10, 2026

In the Not Too Distant Future...

In theaters last night, with an encore performance Sunday September 13th. Consult your local listings.

I gotta say, I've always thought that song was brilliant, by which I mean coulda/shoulda been a hit single, and the above is both the most recent and the best of the several versions of it over the years.

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I once actually got to meet/interview the guys -- Mike, Bill and Kevin -- in 1996, when they were doing a book tour in support of their then just-released MST3K Amazing Collossal Episode Guide. An hour which remains one of the greatest thrills of my adult life.

Seriously -- I was just a huge fan, and as far as I was concerned, it was like getting to be in a room hanging out with the Beatles or something. 😎

5 comments:

  1. Steve, you have all the luck!

    Captain Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might also be available thru other means, but if you own a recent model LG brand TV, their built-in "LG Channels" app contains a dedicated MST3K channel which broadcasts the old original shows back-to-back on a 24/7 schedule.

    You can go nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I'd never leave the house again. 😎

      Delete
  3. The theme song of sadly ignored show call Perpetual Grace, Ltd is a ton of fun. Called Comet. Totally up your alley, Steve.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCap4DBteAc&list=OLAK5uy_nYe4nz6ILLt26x0Aufj6meDwhVXO0ur70

    ReplyDelete