Real stuff -- including a new song that will knock your proverbial Bombas off -- resumes on the morrow. 😎
An idiosyncratic blog dedicated to the precursors, the practioners, and the descendants of power pop. All suggestions for postings and sidebar links welcome, contact any of us.
7 comments:
Steve:
Was that cartoon created about "The Hounds"?
Captain Al
I kinda suspected you'd ask that. 😎
I would say several of those panels would apply to EVERY band at some point :) :)
Funny thing, too: I recently listened to an interview about the Eagles and the making of the song "Hotel California". Bill Szymzyck, who produced the track and the album of the same name, said that was an issue they dealt with regularly in the Eagles: which key is better for the guitars and which key is better for the vocals, and can we find one that satisfies both? In the case of "Hotel California", the band cut the song twice in other keys before finally settling on the one they used for the released version of the song.
True fact: Before recording their vocals, the Eagles used to suck lemons, on the theory this would help them sing on pitch. I am not making this up.😎
I believe it. Haters would probably joke that that's why Don Henley had such a sour disposition :-)
When asked about Joe Walsh, Don Henley replied - which one, there a 5
The Eagles sucking lemons– that's what is known as getting out ahead of the story.
Post a Comment