Friday, October 09, 2026

Do You Remember the Great Folk Scare of the Early Sixties? Man, That Shit Almost Caught On!

Damn, this Welles kid has really got the stuff.

I've been saying it a lot lately, but one way you can tell we're living in truly disturbing times is that all of a sudden the folk music is getting good again. 😎

In any case, a new edition of the Weekend Essay Question goes up tomorrow -- sorry for the scheduling glitch.

9 comments:

  1. There was a livestream concert of him last night on you tube as a benefit for pbs austin city limits. he has a lot of good material bob would be proud i think. check out Join ICE.
    rs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw Jesse Welles last weekend at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in SF's Golden Gate Park. His entire set was electric with a band and they nailed a cover of War Pigs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few days ago I caught a video of Jesse at Norman's Rare Guitars. His fingers know their way around a Telecaster

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Jesse Welles looks like a young David St. Hubbins.

    Captain Al

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just thinking - have watched Jesse videos for @ year.Always filmed in the same spot, always playing acoustic guitar - so surprised to read/hear that he rocks out
    Lest we forget,his topical mentor Todd Snyder no longer with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. ironic using a line from great hero comedian whose Netflix Doc I just watched. hoping it was nudge nudge wink wink :)

    ReplyDelete