Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Songs I'd Forgotten Existed, Let Alone Loved: Special "Get Back to Me When A.I. Does Anything This Good" Edition

Okay, this song popped into my head unbidden yesterday. I have no idea why, alas, but in any case all I can add is -- wow.

I first heard this in late 2006 when it was used in a montage at the end of an episode of the short-lived (three episodes?) Ray Liotta TV crime show Smith, although I'm told it had also figured earlier on The O.C. In any case, I remember practically falling off the couch at the time and thinking it's the most bizarrely haunting thing I'd ever encountered. It's almost a whole new genre -- Android Doo-Wop, anybody?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don’t know. I promise to give it at least one more listen. There is something there but I don’t know how much.

Captain Al

Anonymous said...

Imogen Heap attacks music like Juana Molina does, in a very forward facing direction.

Welcome to 21st Century music, leaving Rock & Roll in the rear view mirror! In a very good way!

Thank you Steve for the heads up on Imogen.

21 Century Captain Al

Anonymous said...

Hey, what can I tell you— I think it’s gorgeous.😎

Rob said...

Great...another daws assisted, vocal tuner "artist" 🥱
I'll take Acid Mothers Temple if I need the 21st. Century version of R O C K

Anonymous said...

Rob

Don’t think of it as rock and roll. It’s something else. Can anyone tell me/us what to possibly call it?

Captain Al

rob said...

Capt., I'm not smart enough. My friend who is a major league recording engineer has tried to explain the "New" sounds which he embraces, in respect I listen. But to say I'm not open is a mistake,- at the end of the day we have to trust our ears. Mine have 75 years of aural stimulus 🥴
PS - Rick used those exact words to me - "It's something else"

Rob said...

Google hates me, yes this is me, Boy Howdy 😉

Rob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.