Thursday, July 28, 2005

Now *this* is exciting!

One of my posters or correspondents mentioned this to me the other day in passing, and it looks really, really nifty.

via Pitchfork:

Big Star to Release New Album

To be released by Rykodisc, In Space will feature mastermind and principal songwriter Alex Chilton and drummer Jody Stephens, both original members of the classic quartet. Rounding out the lineup are Jon Auer and Ken Stringfellow of fellow power-poppers the Posies. Auer and Stringfellow have been part of Big Star since 1993, when the group reformed to tour.


I am soooo looking forward to this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This could be great! Only question is will Alex take it seriously??

Anonymous said...

I really hope they tour, and I really hope Maxwell's is one of the stops. Although Chilton made sure not to try too hard when they played the Underground Garage Fest last year, it really made me want to see a full set.

NYMary said...

The fact that they're doing this with the Posies guys suggests that a tour might be in the offing, DeepToej. If so, you must be my date. Thers can come too, if he wants.

Anonymous said...

Accoring to this article in Billboard from 2 days ago:

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000991884

"The group is hoping to play select shows in North America in the fall."

Typically vague.

freethoughtguy said...

I gotta get up to speed with Big Star. I'm already a long time Posies fan!