Friday, February 22, 2013

Rascals on Broadway

Oooo, this might have some potential!
The original members of the 1960's-era blue-eyed sould quartet -- singer Eddie Brigati, Keyboardist Felix Cavaliere, Guitarist Gene Cornish and drummer Dino Danelli -- will reunite for what producers call "a hybrid of a rock 'n' roll concert and a Broadway show."
Performances of "The Rascals: Once Upon a Dream" will begin April 15 at the Richard Rodgers Theatre and will last only 15 performances, ending May 5.  The show made its debut in late 2012 in Port Chester, NY. 
What do we think? Potential to be great, or terrifying?

Not one of their poppier ones, but--like steve's affection for the koto--I always dug the concertina in this one:

5 comments:

Sal Nunziato said...

Saw the Capitol Theatre show, which was basically a dress rehearsal for Broadway. Truly, one of the best things I have ever seen.

steve simels said...

I will be getting tix for this if I have to beg borrow or steal, given how great their one-off reunion from two years ago was.

I should add that Little Steven deserves humongous props in heaven for having gotten this together.

buzzbabyjesus said...

It will likely be worth seeing. "How Can I Be Sure" is a personal favorite.

Wendy said...

Going. :-)

Mr. Minimac said...

BTW, the Port Chester show was the result of $125,000 rustled up on a Kickstarter campaign spearheaded by the former Miami Steve. I threw in a bit because . . . well just listen to those vocals. My God. Just wish that I was a little closer to those 15 performances.