...and buy her several adult beverages in appreciation.
In any case, as a result, posting by moi will necessarily be somewhat fitful for a few days.
But until then, as always, here's a fun project for you all to contemplate:
Best "What if?" Switcheroo on the title or lyrics of a post-Elvis pop/rock/soul/song!!!!
Yes, as you'll see, it's that ridiculous and that simple. So no arbitrary rules necessary. I should add that if you feel the need to include a song in a non-rock related pop genre, that's fine too.
And now, without further ado, here's my totally top of my head Top Six:
6. What If People Were Actually Kind of Normal When You're a Stranger?
Of course, if the people were all wearing leather pants that might still be a little odd.
5. What If This Was the Start of Something Small and Insignificant?
You know, if truth be told, I've always really liked this song, and the clip is amazing; shot in one long continuous unedited take, like the opening of Touch of Evil.
4. What If the Streets Actually Had Names and as a Result, Bono Found What He Was Looking For?
He'd still be a wanker, of course. But it's interesting to think about.
3. What if Bruce Springsteen Was Born in Sweden?
Res ipsa loquitur, as we say in the rock critic biz.
2. What If Olivia Newton-John Had Wanted to Get Cerebral?
Actually, I always wanted somebody to remake this one as "Metaphysical," but I'm obviously disturbed.
And the number one, if you even think about disputing this I will come to your house and spin donuts on your lawn, thoroughly silly revisionist take on a well known song simply has to be...
1. What If Luka Lived on the Third Floor?
Alrighty then -- what would YOUR choices be?