Saturday, December 22, 2018

Oh Crap -- Simels is Starting to Post Christmas Songs: Part Deux

From 2016, please enjoy power pop wiseacres The Dollyrots and their fabulously punked out update of "All I Want for Christmas is You."



I am chastened to admit that I had never heard the Mariah Carey original of this -- which dates from 1994, and which has a delightfully Phil Spector Christmas Album vibe to it -- until two weeks ago. Hey, I slept through the 90s, what can I tell you.

In any case, this cover version impinged on my consciousness a few days ago when I heard it on a certain intertube radio station which also plays The Floor Models.

In the meantime, you can find out more about these delightful kids and their music over HERE.

1 comment:

Logan Waters said...

Nice one, Steve!

I always recommend Sparks' Thank God It's Not Christmas... which, in addition to much of Sparks' early-70s sound, Queen ripped off, sans the smarts and humor.

Merry Christmas, everyone.