Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Granny Takes a Trip

From 2018, please enjoy pioneering first generation San Francisco band The Ace of Cups and the utterly amazing "Feel Good."



Those ladies were very well known in their hometown back in the day, but they never made a proper album until last year, when they reformed, thus proving that Scott Fitzgerald was wrong -- there ARE second acts in American lives.

In any event, that is pretty much the most fabulous thing I've ever seen, even if I hate the bass player for being way better than me. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album, which is on its way from Amazon as we speak.

8 comments:

Jai Guru Dave said...

I am, as the British say, gobsmacked. Absolutely stellar playing and singing. The song puts me in mind of the Go-Go’s.
Let me know if they are taking applications for elderly male groupies.

Anonymous said...

I always get Ace of Cups and Joy of Cooking confused.

steve simels said...

I never liked Joy of Cooking. They always struck me as kind of wimpy MOR singer/songwriter jazz rock.

Shriner said...

Holy shit! What am I doing with my life if I can't be doing this in my 50s (much less my 70s!), man? Awesome tune!

Gummo said...

"Pleasantly surprised" would be an understatement - that song is fantastic and instantly catchy!

Anonymous said...

Hello all...no, please remain seated

OMG...how much fun was *that*?. Thank you!

Best...RichD

Dayn McBee said...

Totally agree...that was fun! Thanks Steve.

Anonymous said...

Well some of us are getting better with age.

Captain Al