Thursday, November 14, 2019

Your Thursday Moment of Why Didn't I Get the Memo?

From 2005, please enjoy Mano Negra and their infectious and genre bending "Out of Time Man."



Heard that for the first time on some oddball Latin Pandora channel that was blaring at my local watering hole on Wednesday. It would be something of an understatement to say that my ears perked up when it came on (probably due to the wonderfully cheesy Farfisa organ sound).

In any case, I am informed that the band are a bunch of French gypsies, who normally sing in Spanish (the proprietor of said watering hole informed me that French gypsies mostly speak Spanish among themselves, which is something else I hadn't previously been aware of).

In any case, a very cool song, and in the future I may post some of the other oddities I heard over a lovely glass of elitist chardonnay yesterday.

[h/t Oleg Sakhno]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're gypsies? Might be a wonderfully cheesy accordion.

edward said...

More than a little reminiscent of Bowie/Iggy The Passenger.
The title may be a tip off.

Paul Kelly said...

Love these guys! Must hear more. Thanks, Steve!

Anonymous said...

Very infectious! Like it!

Captain Al

Dave said...

Great stuff. Thanks!

Dave F