Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Your Wednesday Moment of How Did I Miss the Memo on This One?

From 1979, please enjoy The Rubinoos (not the nice Jewish boys I always assumed they were) and their frighteningly infectious "Lightning Love Affair."

I'm absolutely positive I had that album on vinyl back in the day, but for some reason that song -- which I heard at my local watering hole over a very nice lunch of lox and bagels recently -- made no impression on me when it was new.

Go figure.

In any event, a delightful should-have-been-a-hit-single.

4 comments:

Billy B said...

I hadn't thought about this crew in ages.

Good stuff.

I still have the first album.

Cleveland Jeff said...

The Rubinoos never really left, and their most recent record, produced by Chuck Prophet, is excellent. Check their history out here:
https://kleaveburg.blogspot.com/2020/06/the-rubinoos-1970-2019.html

MJConroy said...

The Rubinoos have a lot of great tunes. "Hurts Too Much" is one of my favorites: https://youtu.be/5sgRHtqD7wU

pete said...

The singer reminds me a little of Eric Carmen.