Friday, March 05, 2021

My Back Pages (An Occasional Series)

I had forgotten this one, from the November 1976 issue of The Magazine Formerly Known as Stereo Review. And btw, if you click on it it gets bigger and makes it easier for you to read.

Bottom line: Just like Dr. Seuss, there are lots of things I wrote back in the day that if I could change, I would. I won't specify which stuff in the above makes me cringe, but you get the idea.

Have a great weekend, everybody!!!

[h/t Ken Richardson]

5 comments:

Blue Ash Fan said...

That was fun to read, even if your take on The Dolls and Television kind of made me cringe a little. I love "Live at CBGB's." I wasn't exactly in Pretoria, but it turned the 15-year old me on to a load of great music coming out of the Big Apple.

Totally right about Manster, though. Man, they sucked.

You mentioned Boston. Did you ever review "Live at the Rat?"

Anonymous said...

I can't fucking read it!!! Would/could you make it even larger please?

Captain Al

PS: There is some good music on the album. I especially like the Mink DeVille tracks.

MJConroy said...

Still reads pretty damn good to me!

steve simels said...

I’ve changed my opinion about Television since then, obviously.

Stu said...

I remember that! Sort of. When did you write the bass player of Talking Heads looked like a “pudgy Marianne Faithful”?