Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Our phone lines are open. Operators are standing by. This is a free call.

As promised, a sneak peek track from In My Own Good Time, the fab new EP by personal friend of mine (and long-time frontman of The Floor Models) the incomparable Gerry Devine.

The rest of the EP (which features occasional bass and keyboards by some dweeb whose name rhymes with Sleeve Nimels) is also up at Bandcamp, but the official release everywhere else -- Spotify, Amazon, iTunes, YouTube, and the rest of their ilk -- happens on Tuesday June 12th.

Needless to say, I'll keep you posted on that, as well as where and when actual physical CDs can be procured.

Oh -- and have I mentioned how hilarious the album cover is? The work of my beautiful and brilliant art director girlfriend who, as always, is working cheap.

3 comments:

steve simels said...

BTW -- Astute listeners will note that my discreet keyboard hook on the choruses is simultaneously an homage to the Bobby Fuller Four and Bernard Herman’s music for the PSYCHO shower scene.

dorethyroad@aol.com said...

Steve, this belongs I'n Classics. that you never heard of.
Don't take this the wrong waY but
I could hear this as a Peter Noone
Hermit cover. - great song, wrong
publisher - .wrong manager
rob


FD13NYC said...

This is good!!