Tuesday, March 05, 2024

The Blog By Numbers: Special "Senior Citizens Rule!" Edition

[In which we catch up with a bunch of brief and/or dumb stuff that I've been meaning to post for a while, but hadn't gotten around to for whatever reason.]

1. Keith Sings Lou

I think we can agree that this is a song he was born to cover. I'm curious, however -- can you still score a bag of H for twenty-six dollars? Asking for a friend.

2. I Hate This Guy

This good looking sonofabitch turned 80(!) on Saturday. Words fail me.

3. Why Didn't I Get the Memo About This?

Joe Walsh(!) covers the Shirelles(!!). I had no idea this existed until our friend Sal Nunziato at Burning Wood mentioned it over the weekend. Pretty damn good, no?

4. I Really Liked His Solo Work

Harrison Ford, get it? Come to think of it, I could almost see George playing the part.

5. It Seems Like Only Yesterday

Ah COVID, we barely knew ye.

3 comments:

Gummo said...

Thanks for the new Keith. Pretty much the perfect marriage of artist & song.

ChrisE said...

The Keith Richards track is from a tribute-to-Lou Reed album that is being released on April 20 by the Light In The Attic label. It also features, among others, Joan Jett, Rufus Wainwright, Lucinda Williams and Rosanne Cash covering Reed tunes. It will be available on CD and vinyl.

cthulhu said...

At least as of late 2022, Daltrey can still sing his ass off too.

Love the Richards cover, and the track listing for the album has Lucinda Williams singing…wait for it…Legendary Hearts. I can’t wait!

And Joe Walsh is a national treasure. Even if you hate the fuckin’ Eagles, man!