Monday, July 27, 2026

Robyn Hitchcock Speaks for Me

I knew there was a reason I liked this guy. 😎

From the second verse:

I say what/I say words
I love the music of the Byrds

That came out a few months ago, but it's also now on his new album The Confuser, which dropped (as the kids say) last Friday.

In any case, a great song and I can't wait to hear the rest of the record.

4 comments:

Alzo said...

"Wah wah, wacka wah, doobie doobie dum dum, yeah!"
A great tune with lyrics you could never anticipate. Lennonesque vocal lands nicely.

Anonymous said...

A fun single and the whole album was very good when I listened last Friday. What a great catalog he has, too.

- Paul in DK

edward said...

It's quite hilarious that the YouTube generated subtitles just lose it about the middle of the song and can only generate "Heat.Heat" over and over.

Guy Incognito said...

This song has (pleasantly) been stuck in my head for a couple of months