More specifically, this very evening a certain Shady Dame and I will be attending a performance by ex-Beatles pagan skins pounder Ringo Starr...
...and his latest incarnation of the All-Starr Band at historic Forest Hills stadium. Which is more or less in our proverbial back yard.
And apart from the splendid time that is guaranteed for all, said show is even more historic because the last time Ringo played there was in 1964 (specifically, August 8th of that year) with his old band.
I'll have more to say about the show tomorrow, but in the meantime a coveted PowerPop NoPrize© will be awarded to the first reader who gleans the significance of all of the above to the theme of Friday's Weekend Essay Question.
You're welcome very much. 😎
6 comments:
Songs George wrote but gave Ringo the credit?
Bob in IL
Good guess but no😎
Return to glory songs?
Best Stadium Rock?
Wow, it took him 64 years to be asked back? He must not be very popular. ;-)
Heh. In fairness, however, I think for a large number of those years, the stadium was not hosting music of any kind.
Post a Comment