Sunday, January 29, 2012

Your Sunday Moment of Words Fail Me

Seriously -- I cannot express just how absolutely great this is.

Venerable punk band Bad Religion's cover of Bobby D.'s "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue."



As I mentioned, I lack the words, so I'll let the estimable Sal Nunziato (from whom I learned about it) speak for me:
"You need to hear this one to believe it. The energy is insane. It's a thrasher and still, it doesn't disrespect Bob or The Byrds."
Oh, and in case you were wondering, it's from Chimes of Freedom, a brand new 4 CD set of mostly previously unreleased Dylan covers celebrating 50 years of Amnesty International.

You can -- and apparently should -- order it over here.

4 comments:

Jonnie said...

Nice one Steve... I heard it for the first time, last night from Sal's collection and I'm gonna listen to it again, now!

buzzbabyjesus said...

I got at Sal's too. It's such a great melody to sing and they get it right.

Alex said...

I listened to the entire 4 CDs of stuff last week and the Bad Religion track is definitely the best of the bunch. There probably are a dozen songs out of 73 that I'd ever want to hear again -- it's for a good cause and all, but couldn't someone have trimmed this to one amazing disk instead of throwing in there everything that came down the pike?

TMink said...

Kinda like a less redneck Jason and the Scorchers.

Very cool.

I really like the tension between the guitar part and the chorus harmony.

Trey