Friday, December 20, 2013

Okay, My Absolute Last Post About the Hall of Fame Nominations. Seriously. No Kidding. Not Another Word After Today.

Sorry, but this just pissed me off.

The odious little Golem...


...whose more or less daily droolings about pop and rock I took exception to LAST WEEK has just weighed in on the Hall of Fame nominations thusly:

""No questionables like Patti Smith, everyone is deserving and it’s about time."

Patti Smith questionable? The same Patti Smith who among other things smashed the gender gap in rock for all time? The Mother of Us All? That Patti Smith?

To which I can only respond -- go fuck yourself, fella.

And request that everybody who reads this post go click on the YouTube below...



...and dedicate Patti's delivery of the line "We don't need that fucking shit" to you, Bob.

Schmuck.

8 comments:

Gummo said...

To quote young Alvy Singer:

"What. An. Asshole."

Anonymous said...

I thought punk's lasting contribution was the DIY ethos. Now I realize the other advantage was that they didn't need to be vetted by critics.

shawk said...

Who is this schlub?

Anonymous said...

shawk: He's just another misogynist who thinks jocks ought to own music as well as the giant closet manfuck of organized sports.

GLLinMO said...

Never heard of ol' Bob.

Conversely: Play Patti, Kiss and Zombie's back to back. Hmmm.

Patti was a great writer. Not sure I can vote per performance attributes into a top 10 category. Does that matter? Probably not.

Anonymous said...

Your righteous anger is noted, and justified. If that troll isn't being outrageous, he (correctly) fears that he'll be ignored. Go away, little man. Just go away.

buzzbabyjesus said...

I don't really like Patti, The Zombies, or Kiss, even though I own records by all three.

drkrick said...

I don't know from performance attributes, but a '79 Patti Smith show in DC's Warner Theater where she threatened to rename "Because the Night" to "13 is Not Enough" in honor of its chart position was one of the handful of greatest rock shows I've ever attended. "Questionables" my left hindquarter.