Monday, August 20, 2018

There Were Giants in the Earth in Those Days (An Occasional Series)

Love Junk, by The Pursuit of Happiness, and one of the greatest rock albums of the 80s, is getting the deluxe treatment it deserves. And about freaking time.


This was the big hit from the album, but the rest of it was equally classic, trust me.



You'll have to order it as an import, of course, but it's worth it.

BTW, I have a TPOH story (involving the wonderful Moe Berg, who fronts the band) which I have told here before, but being the slacker schmuck that I am, I'll put it up again tomorrow and pretend it's brand new.

7 comments:

buzzbabyjesus said...

Don't call yourself a "slacker schmuck". You're an adult now.

DrBob said...

Keep being that guy and put it up again! What a freakin' great band.

Mark said...

Yes. A great song and a great band, and sadly, I never saw them.

Billy B said...

I'm going to have to go dig this one out of the record pile. I have heard it in over 25 years. Moe rocked. One can tell Todd produced it, too.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of them nor heard the song before. Fucking good!!!

Captain Al

Anonymous said...

Looks like the video was shot in Queens.

Captain Al

jackd said...

The sound from that video has me wondering what version I'm used to hearing. Different mix, different vocal. Was there one version on the album and a different one on the 12" single?