Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Your Wednesday Moment of How's Old Bert’s Lumbago?

From 2021, please enjoy the incomparable Mona Lisa Twins and their fabulous -- recorded live at the Cavern -- cover of the Small Faces classic "Lazy Sunday Afternoon."

For the life of me, I can not fathom how those two kids -- who really are named Mona and Lisa (and live in freaking Liverpool,fer crissakes) aren't international stars who record for a major label and tour the US of A on a regular basis.

In any event, I will add that over the weekend I bit the bullet and ordered the double CD that song is from. Seemed like the least I could do.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And english is their second language!

Captain Al

Jai Guru Dave said...

Is Scouse their first?

steve simels said...

I think they’re German.

Anonymous said...

They're originally from Austria.

Yes they've stolen my heart!

Captain Al

pete said...

Albums are over, I'm afraid. The only international stars touring the USA regularly are either corporate droids or people who got famous under the old paradigm.

steve simels said...

Well, there’s that.

ChrisE said...

It'd be nice, though, if one of those podcasts or late-night talk shows had them on.

Alzo said...

Yes, but do they have original material?

MJConroy said...

Yes, they have original material. And they are from Austria.