Tuesday, March 14, 2023

It's Weasels Time

From their 2014 album Blame the Victim, please enjoy my old garage band chums The Weasels and their darkly insinuating ode to a "Fine Time."

That was written and sung by our keyboard guy Glenn Leeds (who also did the drum programming); acoustic guitar is by (Jai Guru Dave) Hawxwell; Allan Weissman is on the bass; and some asshole whose name rhymes with Sleeve Nimels is on all the vaguely Keith Richards-ish electrics.

And in case you're wondering why I'm posting it -- hey, it was a slow day yesterday.

5 comments:

Jai Guru Dave said...

You know, you can talk about “The Great Depression”, or “The Opioid Crisis” as great tragedies - but the fact that these guys are not Superstars is the very definition of the term for me.

Allan Rosenberg said...

So which one is it?

Are The Weasels "The Great Depression" or “The Opioid Crisis”? They seemed to have caused both in my life.

Captain Al

JB said...

Love it. I wouldn't say vaguely, I'd say right on.

Jai Guru Dave said...

Captain Al: Nobody likes a wise guy.

Allan Rosenberg said...

The other Weasels like me.


Likable Captain Al