Thursday, March 23, 2023

Les Cœurs Perdus

From right here right now, please enjoy "Hate Yourself," the kick-posterior new single by Nashville rockers Lost Hearts.

I haven't quite figured out exactly how to categorize these guys -- rock? punk? glam? retro '80s? some organic mix of all of the preceding? -- and whatever they're doing is not usually my cup of pekoe. But for some reason, I found the above highly entertaining, probably because I just like their attitude. Which I guess makes it rock 'n' roll, right?

I should add that I am reliably informed that the band formed when four lead guitar players got together and they flipped a coin (heh) to see who would sing and play the drums and bass. Makes sense to me!

In any case, it's a very cool single (and video -- I want the front guy's black Les Paul gold top, BTW); they don't have an album yet, but as they get closer to one I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, a coveted PowerPop No-Prize© will be awarded the first reader who gleans the clip's relevance to the theme of tomorrow's weekend essay question.

4 comments:

Sal Nunziato said...

Songs you would hate if they were done by Def Leppard?
:)

steve simels said...

Sal — Ithought exactly the same thing.😎

Shriner said...

Answer songs to other songs? (See "I Hate Myself for Loving You" by Joan Jett?)

Anonymous said...

Maybe there really isn’t anything new left to be said/created in the rock and roll genre. It may sound great but not sound like a new area of rock to explore.

Captain Al

Now you guess- Am I bitter or just bored? Or both.