Monday, September 09, 2024

Album of the Year? Could Be, Could Be!!!

From their just released (and brilliantly monikered) Raspberry Park, please enjoy power pop deities The Weeklings and their quite remarkable cover of the Fabs' Sgt. Pepper highlight "She's Leaving Home."

Attentive readers will recall my posting two earlier cool tracks from the album -- specifically, a Buffalo Springfield/Stones mashup and a glorious cover of "I've Just Seen a Face" -- but the above is, I think you'll agree, equally gorgeous and perhaps even more innovative. I mean -- the utterly surprising horns and guitars notwithstanding, I can't recall another cover of the song by anybody -- save perhaps Richie Havens -- that was particularly notewothy on any level.

In any case, having just perused the entire Weeklings album, I gotta say -- it's like totally wowsville and you need to get it now.

You can stream it over at Amazon here.

Or order a physical copy, either in the esoteric (heh) CD format or, in the more prosaic (heh again) yellow vinyl medium, at the same link.

I gotta say, as you can see, the vinyl particularly appeals to me. Which is something I never would have expected. 😎

[h/t Marty Scott]

3 comments:

mistah charley, ph.d. said...

coloured vinyl - those were the days, my friend, and now they're back again

Alzo said...

Hey, you got a turntable! Welcome back to the 20th century!

steve simels said...

It was a birthday present from a year ago.