Monday, September 28, 2026

I Love This, and Not Just Because We've Been Living Through A Nor'Easter for the Last Three Days

Okay, this video is freaking fabulous and the song is pretty damn good too.

The big influence there is, obviously, Steely Dan, which has always been a good thing in my book, and don't give me any of that Yacht Rock shit, because I don't want to hear it. In any case, Jackson's evocation of that 70's sound has a nice (admittedly subtle) contemporary edge to it, and frankly if you profess not to enjoy the result you're just being difficult.

The album that it's on is coming out momentarily; other than that I haven't been able to find any info on the guy or the album (or Tim's history -- obviously, he's been around for a while) but I'll do the research and get back to you ASAP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes it’s pretty terrific except for the guitar which is a bit over baring in the second half of the song.

Good call. Stay dry.

Captain Al