Monday, September 07, 2026

It's Labor Day!!!

From 1982, please enjoy the irrepressible Gary U.S. Bonds and his ironically upbeat ode to unemployment "Out of Work."

Attentive readers will recall that the above is something of a holiday tradition around these parts of late, primarily due to the fact that its predecessor in that regard, The Strawbs' "Part of the Union," turns out to be considered something of a Tory anthem in its home country (I'm still a little puzzled by that, actually). In any event, I've always loved the Bonds record, and it remains, to this day, pretty much my favorite of all the songs Bruce Springsteen gave away to other artists.

In any event, enjoy your holiday barbecues, and my apologies for the weekend screw-up in the comments section; I have no idea what caused the problem, but apparently it's been resolved.

2 comments:

steve simels said...

Just checking to see if the comments are enabled,

Anonymous said...

"Because the Night" is my favorite Bruce giveaway.

Captain Al