Thursday, September 17, 2026

It's Summertime, But No Blues!

From their about-to-be-released new EP (October), please enjoy sublime Australian pop/rockers The Summertimes and their goose-bump inducing "Save You Now."

These guys have been around since 2023, and if there's any justice they'll be household words before the year is out. As for the song itself, it's so gorgeous I listened to it like ten times before I noticed that the lyrics dealt with some ripped from recent headlines political issues, which is not usually the case for the band's genre. I can't find a website link with more info and streaming options, but I'm doing the research and I'll get back to you.

And may I just add, and for the record, that the above pushes just about every power pop button I have? I mean, the massed dry-but-jangly guitars alone sent me around the moon. 😎

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Summertimes are a lot of fun. Seems they have a Facebook page as well as these:

https://thesummertimes.bandcamp.com/album/the-summertimes
https://goldenrobotrecords.com/pages/the-summertimes

- Paul in DK

steve simels said...

Ah! I thank you. 😎

Sal Nunziato said...

https://burnwoodtonite.blogspot.com/search?q=summertimes

There's a Bandcamp link. I may still have the press release if you want.

Dave Leonatti said...

On the Dick Clark 'Bandstand' - Rate-a-Record...that gets a 10. Perfect summer and early autumn tune. thanks for that.

Allan Rosenberg said...

Australia creates a lot of great R&R!

Captain Al

steve simels said...

Indeed. 😎