Monday, April 11, 2005

Spousal Abuse

I will get you for this, Thers.

You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

Excuse me, I only have room for a limited amount of geekiness in my life. Science fiction geek simply does not fit. After all, I have power pop.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

*Sigh.* Edward Rochester, Mister Darcy, and Heathcliff, in no particular order. (Can Colin Firth play them all? Pretty please?) Plus the protagonists of books like Cheyenne Captive and Half-Breed's Bride, et al., who are really the literary sons of the three aforementioned guys.

The last book you bought is:

Katha Pollitt's Reasonable Creatures. I needed a copy of "The Smurfette Principle" for something I'm writing, but I also just really like her and think she belongs in the NYTimes.


The last book you read:


Well, I'm rereading The Hitchhiker's Guide in preparation for the movie, but as always, I have work reading. Most recently, Lolita.


What are you currently reading?


Ugh. Work again. But since that's George Lamming's In the Castle of my Skin, not so ugh as one might think. Dion Boucicault's The Colleen Bawn. Rushdie's The Ground Beneath Her Feet. The Trouser Press History of New Wave. Some assinine Harlequin romance to decompress.

Five books you would take to a deserted island:


The ones I get lost in. Middlemarch. Ulysses. Bleak House. The Satanic Verses. And, uh, Cheyenne Captive?

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons)? And Why?

Watertiger for sure, because why should she escape this? NTodd, because he's so darn cute. And jenni, who's bound to have something cool to say.

6 comments:

watertiger said...

Nice. Very nice.

I'll blog this tomorrow a.m., as this coffee house is mopping up around me at the moment. Shit closes at ungodly early hours around here.

peace out! love you!

Rmj said...

Somewhere an interdimensional rip is widening.....

oh, well, as long as it takes Finnegans Wake with it, it'll be worth it.

ntodd said...

Gah!

ntodd said...

I'll be podcasting this today...

V said...

Isn't Mr. Darcy just the dreamiest?

ntodd said...

Podcast is up...