Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Surprisingly Cool Unsolicited Song of the Week (An Occasional Series)

From the City of Brotherly Love (and also Frank Rizzo, but that's another story) please enjoy Philadelphia combo Venice Sunlight and "Annabel," the utterly charming lead single off their just released EP Vs. the Rabid Rabbits




Hey -- terrific pop/punk guitars, winsome vocals and the song's put together like a charm; what more could anybody want?

Seriously, for reasons I don't need to get into at the moment, it's been a very long time since I've been in the front seat of a convertible, roaring down the turnpike on a sunny day with the car stereo blasting. Let's just say, then, that if I was to be doing such a thing in the near future, this is precisely the kind of song I'd want to be hearing.

You can find out lots more about the band over at their Facebook page; if you leave a comment, tell 'em PowerPop sent you.

3 comments:

The Phantom Creep said...

Cute. Like early Green Day without the snark.

Anonymous said...

They had me at "Annabel" -- great girl's name for a song. Listening only helped.

AP

Anonymous said...

It sounds great! I'm a big fan of the band and Jayson.