Monday, October 15, 2012

I Grow Old...I Grow Old...I Shall Wear the Sleeves of My Leather Jacket Rolled

Somebody forwarded me this picture on Friday; don't know the provenance of it, but it certainly does predict, amusingly, the rock 'n' roll nursing home of many of our futures.


And then I remembered that the hilarious Iron Prostate had anticipated all this on their epochal (but alas out of print) 1991 album Loud, Fast and Aging Rapidly.


On a song called ('natch) "Rock 'n' Roll Nursing Home."



The opening lyrics:
I wander the halls under fluorescent light
Don't even know if it's day or night
And it don't matter because I don't care
Got my Ramones albums and my blue-gray hair

In a rock rock rock rock rock 'n' roll nursing home
There's no place else I'd rather be
Than in a rock rock rock rock rock 'n' roll nursing home
It's laxatives and Geritol for me
Hey!
And it just keeps getting better, actually. In fact, "Baby, let me take you for a ride on my Craftmatic Bed/Don't take much longer to decide because tonight you may be dead" may be the greatest couplet in the history of the world.

5 comments:

Rockin' Jeff said...

I got me a walker with studs and spikes!

danny1959 said...

And Little Feat's "Old Folks Boogie" is no longer ironic, Steve.

Anonymous said...

As it's been said: Be careful what you wish for..."

ROTP(lumber)

edward said...

Rolling Stones Tour: Mick Jagger & Friends Will Hit The Road For 50th Anniversary

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/15/rolling-stones-tour-mick-jagger-50th-anniversary_n_1966539.html

buzzbabyjesus said...

This Iron Prostate song reminds of how much silly fun Punk could be, and also how bad. And I don't mean the "cool as a rule" bad I mean the "sometimes bad is bad" bad.