Tuesday, April 16, 2013

(Possibly) Great Lost Bands of the Nineties (An Occasional Series)

As I'm fond of saying, YouTube really is the greatest research tool since the Library at Alexandria.

Ladies and gents, from their 1990 album Love With the Proper Stranger, please enjoy the utterly fetching The Aquanettas...



and their could have been a huge hit "Beach Party."



I never saw these gals perform or heard a note of their music (until this morning), but I was thinking about them for some reason (also this morning) because their guitarist Jill Richmond (the big-eyed redhead on the left) was one of the nicest publicists I ever dealt with (she toiled for Hoboken-based indie label Bar None Records when I knew her) and it just seemed like the right time to check them out.

Like I said, the Library at Alexandria. Guess I'm gonna have to poke around the intertubes now and see if I can glom the CD somewhere.

4 comments:

FD13NYC said...

Cute gals, decent song. A little long though, could've been cut by 2 minutes. I remember Bar None records, good label.

Anonymous said...

Bar None, home for that one homeless album that no one else is interested in. Forever grateful for them putting Starling Electric into wider release.

pete said...

I like it!

Anonymous said...

You can find a shorter version here that was remixed for a movie soundtrack:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006P7I554/ref=dm_att_alb3

Thanks,
Glenn