Wednesday, July 22, 2015

À la recherche des Modeles D'etages perdu

Went into the studio last night and 95 percent finished the title track from the forthcoming five-song Floor Models EP.




I'm around the moon over how great this sounds; we've scheduled another session to possibly add some discrete background vocals and tweak the mix, but essentially this is it, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank my once and future bandmates for making work on the track such a pleasant experience. As I've said before, going in I wasn't convinced we could pull this off, but boy....

And I think Andy would have liked it.

11 comments:

Marc Platt said...

Just needs some Byrds-Like harmonies and you have a classic.

Jai Guru Dave said...

Are the Bangles still in business?? If so, send it to them!
Fabulous!

steves said...

Sounds amazing, Steve! I think some backup harmonies on a few lines in the chorus would be a nice touch, too.

buzzbabyjesus said...

The player is not showing up over here. I'm sure the difficulty is on my end.

Mark said...

Bangles, yes. And LETTER would fit neatly on Grant MacLennan's Horsebreaker Star or some of his other great albums.

Wistful, man, wistful.

Unknown said...

Excellent stuff. Keep it coming.

Anonymous said...

Great song. Great back-story. Good luck with mix and backing vox.

Think the Bangles would lighten it up too much. Would love to hear a ragged and loose No Depression styled treatment of this. One that would underscore the ephemeral and mournful aspects of the tune. There's a lot to work with here.

VR

Elroy said...

Sounds great Steve! I especially like the last few bars, nice ending.

pete said...

big like

pete said...

"Angel of Mersey"? I get it.

Organist said...

http://www.filefactory.com/file/6crhl6nv1ggf/NEWNAME.SET.rar%20KORG%20PA%20600%20800%20900%20A.K.O%20 korg pa600 800 900 Set plz get slow download and share link to ur friends use korg