Friday, March 18, 2016

Sometimes the Good Guys Win

As you may recall, my old college chum Tony Jannelli -- filmmaker, musician, and all around cool guy -- is making a movie about the time in 1965 that the Velvet Underground, in their first paying gig, played a show at his New Jersey high school. An experience that, as you can imagine, changed a bunch of lives.



And yesterday came the amazing news -- the film's $30,000 pledge mark on Kickstarter was reached, practically at the very last minute, but reached nonetheless. I can't tell you how happy this makes me on numerous levels.

In any event, congratulations to everybody involved in the project -- I've seen rough bits of the animation and it's amazing -- and I'll keep you posted on the progress of the film as it develops.

In the meantime -- have a great weekend, one and all.

3 comments:

SirLaurenceOblivious said...

Thanks for the great idea. Now I can raise funds for "The Archies played my Bar Mitzvah."

steve simels said...

They did?

Hell, I'd see a movie about that in a heartbeat.
:-)

Tony J said...

Thank you Steve! You are a prince. Can't wait to share the movie with you.