Monday, September 05, 2016

It's Labor Day, Bitches!!!

Neil Young goes all solidarity on our asses, and good for him.

I should add that for many years here I used to post "Part of the Union" by The Strawbs on the holiday, but in 2013 a Brit reader informed me that in England the song has been read as anti-, rather than pro-, the labor movement. I can't hear it myself, but I took his word for it. Hence Neil.

Regular apolitical postings resume on the morrow.


Anonymous said...

Actually, given the declining state of organized labor in the U.S.A. and elsewhere, how about a week of union- or worker-related songs? A little Springsteen, Billy Joel ("Allentown"), Cat Stevens ("Matthew & Son") and I'm sure there are lots of other suggestions that other posters could come up with.

J. Lag

Anonymous said...

I pay my dues ahead of time. When the benefits come I'm last in line.

Oh well, "Live Music Is Better."

I also remember playing a role in drawing the Strawbs tune to your attention:-)

Greetings from Kauai,