Monday, September 26, 2016

Programming Notes From All Over

I am informed that there is some sort of confrontational political event scheduled on the electric teevee machine tonight.

More important -- my old pal and bandmate Ronnie D'Addario (it is he providing the gorgeous background vocals on The Floor Models' "Letter from Liverpool") has two kids who are about to be huge rock stars. Obviously, I hate them.


Here's Ronnie on the gig:

Take a nap during the "debates" and then watch ma boys on The Tonight Show with guest host Jimmy Fallon. Johnny is on vacation AGAIN. And Doc is filling in for Ed.

Sounds like good advice to me.

3 comments:

Anna said...

DVR programmed. I'll be comatose...!

Mark said...

Will DVR as well. I'm prepared tonight to critique Trump's performance for FB friends, almost all of whom, like my wife and myself, are longstanding Dems and Hill supporters. And by critique, I mean "make fun of." And the debate's at Hofstra! Who'da thunk it?

Anna said...

I *did* DVR it, but can't stand Fallon, really, and this quote from Brooklyn Vegan is all I need to NOT watch it, since the clip's up on my FB feed:

One thing was clear from the lengthy top-of-the-show plug, bandleader Questlove is a fan of band and had, apparently, been pushing for them to be on the show for a while. “If you take the Beach Boys’ Pet Sounds, Sgt Peppers by The Beatles and maybe Odessey and Oracle by The Zombies and filter it through a bunch of 15-year kids,” said Questlove, describing them. “That’s what this is.”