Monday, September 12, 2016

War is Hell

So somebody sent me this hilarious list of Trump's military brain trust the other day...


...but after I stopped chortling, I realized there were a bunch of figures omitted that really bugged me.

I mean, no Sgt. Ernest Bilko? This will not stand!


That said, and all snark aside, they really should have found room for this guy.





Lance is one of my all time fave mid-Sixties soul singers -- he's iconic in England, I'm told -- and I would just like to go on record as saying that many of the best early things by Van Morrison and Bruce Springsteen are unthinkable without the influence of Lance, particularly his immortal "The Monkey Time."



A song that never fails to make me smile, and a pretty great way to start your morning, don't you think?

In the meantime, if somebody wants to add Sgt. O'Rourke and Corporal Agarn to the graphic above...


...be my guest.

Hey, they're more competent than that retired Christianist crackpot General that's actually advising the Cheeto Benito.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sgt. Saunders from Combat! seems like a Trump guy. That dweeb Lt. Hanley, who knows!

edward said...

Well, of course, no Sgt. Bilko. He's not a commissioned officer.

As the saying goes, "I'm not an officer, I work for a living."

Just not Donnie's type of people, if you know what I mean (and I think you do).

Anonymous said...

Hello all...no, please remain seated,

Major Major would definitely be Donnie's kinda guy. Gomer Pyle would not.

Regards,
RichD

Mark said...

Frank de Kova, playing Chief Wild Eagle on F TROOP, describes the origins of the Hekawi tribe AND answers the question, "How is it that this country is considering a carnival-barking empty sleeve as its ... ahem ... Chief Executive?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifPNcZJ9y0o

Anonymous said...

Colonel Flagg (played superbly by the late Edward Winter) from the TV series M*A*S*H has the paranoia and the I'll-hurt-myself-in-the-most-gruesome-and-unnecessary-ways-for-the-cause spirit to qualify for Trump's cabinet.

J. Lag

Anonymous said...

Can't have Sergeant Schultz... He openly states, "I Know Noooothing!".
No one in the Trump camp would be allowed to admit that.

(Although he also see's nothing most other times, so...)

Alzo said...

...not to mention that Sgt. Schultz would be living in Paraguay...

danny1959 said...

Colonel Kurtz--He dead.

M_Sharp said...

The internet says that General Tso's Chicken's parents were illegals, so he might be gone soon.

Where are major Boobage and Captain Buzzkill?

Anonymous said...

I guess on the lowest end of the pecking order (but not necessarily on the bottom) would be Private Parts.

M_Sharp said...

Let's not forget Major Malfunction.

شات اخر شقاوه said...

think you man