Monday, January 15, 2018

It's Music By People I Actually Know Week!: Part I -- Special Frankenstein Meets Larry Williams Edition

From 2016, please enjoy my chum and depressingly accomplished multi-instrumentalist Frank Burrows...


...and his droll one-man band version of the venerable rock-and-roll classic "Dizzy Miss Lizzie."



Who is this guy?

In his own words:

Frank Burrows is a guitarist/singer/songwriter who has performed with Carlos Santana/ Narada Michael Walden/ Premik Russell Tubbs/ Larry Coryell/ Mellisa Manchester/ Debbie Gibson/ Dee Snider in addition to leading his own bands. Born in NYC and raised in the Bronx, his earliest musical influences were an interesting combination of pop music and 1930s and ‘40s film scores. He has composed in diverse styles, from pop/rock to jazz and classical. He has also written for television, creating songs for the animated character Moose A. Moose on the Nickelodeon/Noggin channel (renamed NickJr.). These songs have enjoyed a post broadcast popularity on YouTube, some of them generating over 3,500,000 Youtube hits.


I've said it before and I'll say it again -- I am lucky enough to have encountered some preposterously talented people over the years. But Moose A. Moose? I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!!!

Tomorrow -- a clip from last Saturday's Pat DiZio tribute concert.

3 comments:

buzzbabyjesus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
buzzbabyjesus said...

Nicely done. I hear Klaus Voorman's bass and Eric Clapton's solo from "Live Peace In Toronto".

Unknown said...

Great cover!