Monday, July 23, 2018

Time Flies Like an Arrow. Fruit Flies Like Bananas.

From McSweeney's -- WHAT YOUR FAVORITE '80s BAND SAYS ABOUT YOU.

Depeche Mode: You have drawn Tintin or the Little Prince in the margin of a math test.


Erasure: You have been caught kissing a copy of The Little Prince.

Thompson Twins: You have been spanked with a copy of The Little Prince.

Human League: You have been spanked with a VHS copy of The Neverending Story.


The Clash: Your safety word is “Nicaragua.”

Grace Jones: Your safety word is forty-seven syllables long.

Brian Eno: Your safety word is “10011101.”

Duran Duran: Your safety word is “Kim Wilde.”

Kim Wilde: You have forgotten your safety word.

You can read the rest of it -- some of which is so hilarious that it made me expel an adult beverage onto my computer monitor -- over at the McSweeney's website HERE. Incidentally, it's a two-parter, so don't miss the link to the second half.

3 comments:

buzzbabyjesus said...

Wow, that's funny stuff. I'm not sure what it means that I have hardly any music from the '80's in my library. I spent that decade largely exploring SUN Records, '70's Reggae, and old school Country Music.

steve simels said...

I'm in the same boat. Just about every band on that list leaves me cold.

steve simels said...

With a couple of exceptions, obviously.