Thursday, July 26, 2018

Playing Over Our Heads

The latest Floor Models meisterwork is 95 percent complete.



The song's composer -- power pop legend Marc Jonson (who claims he wrote it for us) will be adding background vocals soon, but even in this form it sounds amazing, IMHO. Kudos for the stellar work by my long time bandmates -- Gerry Devine (long-distance vocals), J.D. Goldberg on guitars, and Glen "Bob" Allen on drums. (That's me on the bass and fake strings, BTW).

I should also add that seeing the aforementioned Marc Jonson live at Kenny's Castaways in the late 70s was a literally life-changing event; the aforementioned Floor Models would never have gotten together if we hadn't seen Marc tearing it up on that cramped Kenny's stage back in the day. But that's another story (also involving The Smithereens) and I'll save that for next week.


2 comments:

Blue Ash Fan said...

Reminds me of both the composer and Matt Bruno.

Great tune. Well done, sir.

Anonymous said...

And the hits just keep on coming. Sounding real good.

I'd be fine with The Floor Models keeping on with more and more recordings!

Captain Al