Tuesday, April 16, 2019

How Do You Say "I Read the News Today, Oh Boy" in French?

There is no more gorgeous piece of early 20th century classical orchestral music (under 7 minutes) than Franz Schmidt's Intermezzo from his opera Notre Dame (yeah, based on the story everybody knows).



I bring this up because when a certain Shady Dame and I visited Notre Dame in 2009...



...that's what I kept hearing in my head.

Thank the FSM the damage turns out to have been not as awful as we feared yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad maintenance workers are more of a danger than terrorists!

Captain Al

Anonymous said...

Is there an bizarre pop song about a sexual predator playing organ at the Notre Dame Cathedral? One that also addresses religious belief or lack thereof? That's the question on e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶'̶s̶ absolutely no one's lips.

And so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBxMXkUKVcA&