Monday, February 10, 2020

Your Monday Moment of Why Didn't I Get the Memo?

From 1998, and their album Head Trip in Every Key, please enjoy Superdrag and the lead-off track "I'm Expanding My Mind."



I don't know how I missed that one at the time -- although the excuse I usually give is that I largely slept through the '90s -- but I discovered it courtesy of honorary Floor Model (and friend of PowerPop) Joe Benoit, who kindly burned me a couple of Superdrag albums a few months ago.

Which, like a schween, I didn't listen to until a couple of days ago. And at this point I'm still playing "I'm Expanding My Mind" -- which I think is absolutely seraphically beautiful -- over and over again, like some 1964 teenager who just heard his first Beatles record.

In other words, my life just got changed by a piece of music again, and thank you Joe.

No comments: