Thursday, February 20, 2020

Your Thursday Moment of And Speaking of Gorgeous

From 2000 and their album Evolver (heh), please enjoy The Kennedys and their absolutely seraphically lovely cover of The Byrds' classic "Here Without You."



Written by Gene Clark, natch; apparently one of his earliest.

In any event, I had forgotten that on side one of the Byrds debut album, it's followed by "The Bells of Rhymney." If there's a more spine-tingling segue in the history of both rock and roll, I'm unaware of it.

7 comments:

Billy B said...

Wow, that is good, Steve.

They have the Byrds down to a T.

Anonymous said...

And The Hounds use to do a really sweet version of "Bells of Rhymney" live back in 1974-5!

Captain Al

steve simels said...

We did? Swear to god, I didn’t remember.

elroy said...

Very nice! I think you or TMFKASR had enlightened me to The Kennedys back in teh Evolver time period. From their website I guess they are still a going concern on the East Coast with recent new music, I'll have to check that out.

pete said...

what a great song

Tim Wild said...

Peter Holsapple and Chris Stamey did a great version on their Mavericks album:

https://youtu.be/gIGoH7IUuYk

Tim Wild said...

Richard Thompson covered it too with Clive Gregson and Christine Collister:

https://youtu.be/KOGubXvfxow