Friday, July 10, 2020

Your Friday Moment of WHY DIDN'T I GET THE FREAKING MEMO?

From 1988, please behold in breathless wonder the great Material Issue (featuring the sadly departed too young Jim Ellison) and an absolutely transplendent cover of The Sweet's bubble-gum/verging on power pop/70s classic "Little Willy."



Moah cowbell!!!

As you can guess, I'm a big Material Issue fan, and for the life of me I don't understand how I missed this one until yesterday. Oh well, such is life.

In any case -- have a great weekend everybody!!!

3 comments:

Billy B said...

Also liked the Sweet's "Love is Like Oxygen"

The 20 Hits record reminds me of K-Tel records that were advertised on the TV 40 or so years ago.

I actually bought a couple of them.

Alzo said...

Here in Chicago, Little Willy somehow hit number one- English chart-topper Blockbuster only made it to 25. I saw a latter-day version of the Sweet in the 80s and came away convinced that Mick Tucker was one of the great rock drummers.
MatIsh were a fine band, but I'm afraid Jim was a rather surly fellow.

steve simels said...

And apparently a somewhat unhappy guy as well.