Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Denny Laine 1944 - 2023

The very great man who wrote and sang this oh so sad and beautiful song has passed.

That's me in Paris, paying tribute at the site of the song's inspiration. A real thrill, I'll tell you that for free.

Oh, and here's a performance of Laine's that I had almost forgotten, which is odd considering it's probably the greatest white-boy James Brown cover in rock history.

I mean, wow. Seriously.

Have I mentioned that this death shit is really starting to piss me off?

1 comment:

mistah charley, sb, ma, phd, jsps said...

this death shit

1/his earthly suffering is over

2/may his memory be a blessing

3/you, and me, and everyone we know also must undergo this inevitable transition, at a time tbd

4/as procol harum attributed to the dalai lama: "Well, my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"

5/i know what you mean