Monday, May 22, 2006

Monkey Bowl! (for Vicki)

Heeheehee. This is really cute. From the Tenessee band Monkey Bowl.

Al Gore Lives on My Street


I don't know how
He lives with knowing
That even though he won the popular vote
He still lives on my street
Right down the street from me

.....SNIP.....

One time
I lost out on a job
'Cause this kid,
his father owned the whole company
Let me tell you, he was a jerk
and I'm still pissed that he took that job from me
Life isn't fair, don't tell me, I know it
Even with the popular vote
Al Gore lives on my street
Right down the street from me


I have no idea if Gore will run again, or if he should. But he's certainly found a new voice, funny, like here on SNL, or impassioned, as here.

Sign up to see An Inconvenient Truth here.

Monkey Bowl also appears on the Nick Lowe tribute album, Lowe Profile, doing "Let's Eat." Lotta familiar PP names on the record: Walter Clevenger, Michael Carpenter, etc. Worth a listen.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Yay! I LOVE that song!

Al Gore lives on my block...it's going through my mind all day today!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I FINALLY got around to buying that disc. Got it a week or so ago. (Had the song bookmarked for ages.)

Unfortunately, and this broke my heart, "Al Gore" still sounds like it was recorded in a closet. I figured it was a compy-speaker problem.

But it's still a great song. There's other stuff on the disc that's kind of OK, too.

--Silleigh (forgets the Blogger ID here)