Friday, June 26, 2015

And So You See....Ennui!!!

"Casanova's Waltz."

My old chum from my Greenwich Village rock-and-roll days Peter Spencer, who wrote it, did an absolutely killer version of this when I saw him play at Kline's Gallery in Lambertville N.J. last Saturday.

Yes once I had money and lovers
Once I had teeth in my jaw
But why have adventures except when you're old to tell stories
That fill your companions with awe?

I shall die here of boredom
I shall die here of boredom

I swear to god, that's one of the greatest songs of all time. And yes, a certain Shady Dame and I had a lovely weekend, BTW.


The Phantom Creep said...

Marvelous song, and I'm still chuckling over it.

Phil Cheese said...

Haha love that song! Thanks for sharing Steve. If Pete ever travels through Ohio, I would love to organize a concert for him!