Monday, May 02, 2016

And a Big Thank You...

...to all the friends of PowerPop who were kind enough to send me that mp3 of Bruce Springsteen covering "Purple Rain" that I neglected to download when it was still up at Springsteen's website last week.

And so, because I love you all more than food, from 1982 and the fabulous Live at Bedrock single, please enjoy Bruce Springstone and his greatest cover ever. "(Meet the) Flintstones."




BTW, this was the brainchild of a couple of wiseacres from Baltimore, including power pop god Tommy Keene on guitar. You can find out more about it over HERE.

And thanks again to all of you who sent me the Springsteen/Prince thingie. It's transplendent.

3 comments:

FD13NYC said...

Wow yeah, I got that single when it first came out myself. Pretty funny novelty tune.

Anonymous said...

Mustn't forget the B-side, Take Me Out to the Ball Game, which is also a hoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D3PqhHx5eM

And, apropos of nothing in particular, please enjoy the great(est) Devo takeoff, Jocko Bozo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQVnegzwcXo

Anonymous said...

This is what "The Butt" always sounds like to me.

VR