Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Your Wednesday Moment of Phoning It In: Special Top of the World, Ma! Edition

Jimmy Cagney in White Heat -- a movie that has my favorite screen finale ever.


True fact: In the 70s, I was in a garage bar band named Cody Jarrett, after Cagney's character in this movie. We'd open our shows with the clip below and then go directly into a really loud version of "Street Fighting Man."

Play the two clips back to back and see -- it's fun!!!





Cue SCTV's Farm Film Report.


"That blowed up real good!"


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello all...no, please remain seated,

I am humbled. Cody Jarrett, Toppatheworldma!, Street Fighting Man.....I weep with appreciation!



Regards,
RichD

Anonymous said...

Or you could have opened with I Wish I Was Your Mother. A mandolin out of the ashes....

VR

Ken J Xenozar said...

Yeah, that works.

Phil said...

Thank you sir, may I have another

Anonymous said...

I was there for this craziness every work it true.

Captain Al