Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Is It a Good Day for The Music Machine?

Heck, it's ALWAYS a good day for The Music Machine.



That was the 1966 follow-up to the immortal "Talk Talk"; it wasn't as big a hit, although I always thought it should have been, and it got respectable airplay in the New York City area as I recall. In fact, I actually owned the single version, which I bought, proudly, at the Sam Goody store in the Paramus mall.


Apart from being a terrific song, the musicianship and sound on that is really stellar for the period; MM bassist Keith Olsen went on to a huge career behind the recording console, and was responsible for, among other fine audio products, the eponymous 1975 Fleetwood Mac album you might be familiar with.

4 comments:

MJConroy said...

And Doug Rhodes and Ron Edgar went on to be in The Millenium.

steve simels said...

You are correct, sir.

Mr. Minimac said...

I nominate Sean Bonniwell as the coolest guy to ever perform wearing one glove. Who's with me?

Jai Guru Dave said...

Anything by the inestimable Rick Wakeman, yes, of Yes.
How you can even suggest that an organ solo played by anyone NOT wearing a cape could be great completely eludes me!